The role of the Cloud Solution Architect is to grow our customer base and revenue utilizing a consultative approach to client engagement, enabling Kovarus to meet its growth goals. The role’s focus is on pre-sales activities working with account managers to deepen existing client relationships, develop software, cloud, and automation solutions for clients, cross-sell/up-sell professional services, and penetrate new accounts with the full Kovarus catalog of solutions to sell.
- Partner with account managers in the pursuit of new public cloud, automation, and cloud operations business, both by penetrating new accounts and cross-selling/up-selling in existing customers.
- Act as technical subject matter expert for Amazon Web Services, primarily infrastructure-as-a-service offerings and related operations technologies and best practices.
- Develop solutions based on above technologies based on client requirements.
- Propose and contract services business with customers. Work with Professional Services and peer SMEs as appropriate to coordinate SOWs, scoping, and pricing.
- Propose and quote software and subscription business.
- Collaborate with customers on IT strategy, solution whiteboard, and educational sessions to deepen Kovarus’ thought leadership and opportunity in the account.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Amazon and related technology partners.
- Work with account managers to represent pipeline and forecasting to Kovarus leadership.
- Act as services executive for in-flight consulting engagements, as a point of contact for escalation and conduit to Kovarus executive team for customers.
- Work with Professional Services team to ensure smooth handoff for executing services engagements with customers.
- Work with Professional Services leadership on resourcing plans based on sales forecasts.
- Represent unique needs of regions as an input to overall corporate strategy in geographic expansion.
- Architecture and design experience with core Amazon Web Services infrastructure services such as EC2, S3, EBS, and VPC is required.
- Experience deploying solutions in a DevOps or Infrastructure as Code model in AWS leveraging CloudFormation and/or automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible is desired.
- Expertise migrating on-premise virtualized workloads to AWS is optional but preferred.
- Sales experience in a subject matter expert / solution architecture (“pre-sales”) role. Experience writing Proposals/SOWs is preferred.
- Understanding of IT Operations Management, such as process improvement, operating models, and IT Service Management.
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture and/or infrastructure architecture best practices, frameworks, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field is desired.
Tweet This: Tweet
Share on LinkedIn: